Thursday, June 14, 2012

Cheapshot: Streets of Bass


It is finally that day. I totally forgot how bad I wanted to review this beautiful album! I remember a while ago, I was talking to Cheapshot in gmail about how he's got this awesome full length coming out, and then it got caught up in all kinds of label garbage and whatever and it became an issue and then it was gonna come out soon, and then it didn't and yada yada yada. Needless to say though, I nearly crapped my pants in excitement waiting for this thing.

So, I'm sitting in the pit orchestra for this play I'm playing at, right? And my garbage old android phone (Samsung Moment, don't get it.) vibrated, telling me that I had an email. I checked it, and it was something unrelated to this story. Well, i decided since I didn't have to play at that moment, might as well check out CM.O. It took 5 minutes to load, but when I did, the newest topic was titled Cheapshot - Streets of Bass. And then I saw it was in the releases forum.

My heart skipped many beats. 

He had told me about how he focused more on the bass instead of just wubs, and he totally did that. It didn't detract from his style at all! This is such a chill record. I put it on whenever I'm studying, falling asleep, or whatever it is that I do when I relax.

There's not much that could be done to improve this album. Maybe just a teeeeny bit moar wubs, but we have zOMG!! for that!




No comments:

Post a Comment