Sunday, June 3, 2012

Knife City - Self Titled EP


You want chiptune electro? You've got it. This is Knife City's "debut" EP (I'm not sure if the magfest live ep counts). This album is just pure extreme. My friend Roboctopus was chatting with me the day this came out, and he sent me the link to 8bp telling me I might like it. So, I loaded up the first track, "Hunting" in another tab, and I listened to the odd little melodic and harmonic passsage got louder and more exciting as the low-pass filter's cutoff was raised. I was like, ahh, this is pretty cool. I like it.


Then it hit me.


Really, it really in 100% actuality hit me. The first drop in this thing is a monster. I didn't even know that this was a dance record, so I totally wasn't expecting the killer kick and the bassline that ripped me to shreds. It was totally okay though. Crisp and clear, that thing just slayed all morning. The end section of "Hunting" is so ridiculously cool too. It makes me happy whenever I listen to it.


On I went through the album, and "Slam Dunk Lifestyle" came to bite my booty as well. That track is a monster! It's not even fair what this guy can do with just two Gameboys and a few samples. The production and mastering on this album is ridiculous.


The rest of the alum is just as good, but I want to keep this article concise. This. Album. SLAYS.


GO LISTEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment