Sunday, June 3, 2012

Je Mappelle - Wish EP



My oh my. I’ve heard bits and pieces of this since it’s conception in the mind of Je Mappelle (affectionately to be referred to as JeMap from here on out), but I never realized it’d turn into this something so freaking smooth! This EP is quite the unique little bugger. The chord structures and melodic ideas all through this thing are like none I’ve ever heard in chip before. JeMap is definitely the most harmonically interesting man out there in the LSDJ electro scene. That coupled with his off the charts programming skills make his writing some of the coolest there is to listen to.

Funny story about this EP: There’s NO stereo effects whatsoever. You know why? Not only has his computer crapped out on him, one of his speakers did too. So the only way for him to write this thing was mono. Honestly, I think it worked out very very well. It’s supah cool, and it adds an even more unique and talented sound to his work.

So yeah, the album is full of cool little electro surprises, with some of the coolest pulse instrument rhythms I’ve ever heard. Full of variation, genius transitions and brilliant instrument creation. One of the outstanding parts of the album is that it doesn’t even need a ton of low end to sound fantastic! The most interesting parts of it are in the higher pulse instruments, a sound that is near impossible to recreate. JeMap does this with ease.

So anyway, I’m gonna go study these tracks to get on his level at some point in my lifetime. Listen to it! 



GO LISTEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment